Nettenergy’s patented PyroFlash technology includes a new reactor design and an innovative separation process. In this, it distinguishes itself from the 1st generation flash pyrolysis technologies by producing separate oil and water fractions simultaneously.
This 2nd generation technology is marketed under the name PyroFlash.
The technology has several characteristics:
- The reactor design combines high yield with high capacity
- This design can handle a wide variety of biomass qualities
- In addition, the reactor can be started and shut down in minutes
Multiple products simultaneously
- It is a continuous process
- Simultaneous production of
– biochar (10 w%)
– pyrolysis oil (25 w%)
– wood vinegar (25 w%)
– syngas (40 w%)
- No waste streams
One of the design criteria for this technology was that it should require little ground space and little height. This was needed to be able to build mobile plants.
- Highly integrated reaction and separation section
- The design includes its own cooling system
- The design includes its own feeding system
This mobile plant can locally convert biomass into products. The fast start-up and easy operation make the use at multiple locations in a short period of time possible.